13. Explore Michoacán for authentic resources. Students could prepare travel itineraries or send a post card. They even have a Facebook page where students could leave a comment for global connections. (Depending on school, may need permission)
11. Video clips and tutorials from National Geographic.
10. Webquest from Smithsonian Latino Center! Check out the teacher resource guides.
9. Create a craft like papel picado or do face painting designs. Partner with the art teacher for collaboration.
8. Complete a scavenger hunt.
7. Do a read aloud or a book talk.
6. Complete a trivia quiz.
5. Show animated video clip featured below. Allow students to write captions or retell the story!
4. Check out a lesson for study or authentic sites.
3. Allow students to make comparisons with this info-graphic. What about debates?