1. Do a jigsaw using Smithsonian Education where each student gets a different cultural reading. Form new groups and students share what they learned.
2. Make a cultural craft from Spanish speaking areas around the world. Some ideas include papel picado, Albrijes, Ojos de Dios, Muñeca quitapena, an instrument,etc.
3. Put on a breakfast for your staff! Have parents and students cook a dish from a Spanish speaking country. Ask students to write up short descriptions of the dishes and get students to serve to the teachers!
4. Read an interesting fact each day over the school announcements.
5. Create a school scavenger hunt. Decorate a bulletin board with QR codes and questions for students to fill out. This could be a school wide project. Use any of the links provided on this page to get some ideas.
6. Read books highlighting different children's books and authors. Here's a list to start!
Latino Films Free Stream
National Hispanic Heritage